We spent a three-day, two-night hunting trip in Daqiuanshan, where we harvested a lot of animal fur and meat, as well as shot many exciting videos and pictures. We used the Wildguarder Owler1 night vision binoculars to review this material and marveled at its performance and effectiveness. We decided to upload this material online to share it with more hunting and outdoor enthusiasts. We wanted to know what others thought of our hunting experience and equipment, so we searched online for some reviews of the Wildguarder Owler1 night vision binoculars.
We found that this device has many positive reviews online, with many people considering it a cost-effective night vision device that allows users to observe targets clearly in the dark and capture exciting footage. It has several advantages:
- It has 20x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom, allowing users to see details in the distance.
- It has a 2-inch LCD screen that allows users to view the picture in real-time and adjust brightness and contrast.
- It supports USB and HDMI outputs, allowing users to transfer the picture to a computer or TV.
- It has a built-in 32G storage card, which can store a lafrge number of pictures and videos.
- Its housing is waterproof and dustproof, suitable for various harsh environments.
We also found some shortcomings, mainly:
- It is a bit heavy and can be tiring to hold for a long time.
- Its battery life is not long enough and needs to be charged or replaced frequently.
- Its infrared light can sometimes be detected by animals, affecting the hunting effect.
In addition to choosing the right night vision device, we also need to pay attention to some hunting skills and precautions to improve the success rate and safety of hunting. Based on some information we found online, we summarized the following:
- We need to disguise ourselves, using branches or grass to make a ring on our heads and wearing camouflage clothing with cuffs and trouser legs tied. We should also wear a waist belt or rope to facilitate agile movement and carrying various tools.
- We need to carry the necessary hunting tools, such as spears, bows and arrows, slingshots, air guns, etc. Choose the right equipment according to different prey and seasons. At the same time, keep the equipment clean and intact to prevent malfunctions or affect effectiveness.
- When looking for prey, we should be discreet and move lightly, minimizing the sound produced by body contact with grass and trees to prevent startling animals. We should make use of trees, grass, and rocks to hide ourselves and avoid being detected by animals.
- We need to carefully observe the sky, trees, and ground for possible prey or their traces. We should listen carefully for any unusual sounds and smell for animal odors. We should combine all information to determine the animal’s possible location.
- Once we have found the prey, we need to hide ourselves first and determine the hunting method. We should observe the environment and choose a suitable route to approach the prey. The route should be safe and easy to approach quickly. If possible, there should be more cover. At the same time, we should try to approach from the downwind to prevent the prey from smelling us and running away.
- When we approach the prey, we should first unload any equipment that we temporarily don’t need and approach the prey along the selected route. If the prey becomes alert, we should stop and wait for it to relax before continuing to approach. When we are in shooting range, we should stop, prepare for shooting, and aim accurately.
- When we shoot, our actions should be light, decisive, and accurate. We should select the aiming point carefully, aiming at the front chest for flying animals and depending on the situation for walking animals. We should shoot the head with a slingshot and depending on the power of the air gun. If necessary, we should take another shot.